Saturday, May 4, 2013

16 Months Old

Hey Frandz,

So, Elizabeth is now 16 months old. 16 freaking months old. A lot of people have been asking how old she is when we're out and about and I never know if I should say " 16 months" or "1".

I usually end up going " She's 16 months..so 1..."
Then of course I get this look like  " Yes, you idiot, I know what 16 months means." or " Why didn't you just say 1?!"
Sigh. I've been feeling so ridiculously, socially awkward lately. I think being at stay at home Mama for over a year now has really done a number on my brain. I'm literally a STAY. AT. HOME. Mom. As of the past year and a half, Frank and I have been basically working with 1 car. So we he goes to work, that means I'm actually stuck at home - unless of course Bean and I decide to take a walk to my parents ( which usually ends up being every day, ha ha).  We do have 2 cars, and I try to work 1 day a week so Frank had been taking my scary 20 year old car I've had since I was 16. I refuse to drive it anymore because the tires are really on the verge of POPPING off and are actually FRAYING from being so old. It's time we just sell it to pick and pull or something. I no longer let Frank drive it anymore either.

dfgjkdfhgkjdfh < My brain.

Here is Bean from a few days ago. Rocking her new tutu from Aunt Jo & "N00B" shirt from Aunt Sophie. I never have to buy her clothes - it's awesome.

From this morning - my poor bebegir.
Yesterday, Bean fell down a step at my parent's home and face planted the gravel outside. I feel so bad. On top of having a cold for over a week now, she now has all these horrible scrapes ON HER FACE. I refuse to take her out in public now. Snot running down her nose and huge owies on her face - people will think I'm a horrible parent. I know I'm not, but I can't help what people will think and I KNOW there will be that one stupid, person who will have the balls to say something such as " Why weren't you watching her?! " Or something rather. I just don't want to deal with it.

We had a baby shower to go today but I really just don't think either of us will be up for it. Specially one where I know 2 out of 20 people.

I'm usually so overprotective - I just didn't get to Bean in time for this current situation. I guess I learned my lesson!





Today, the sun is out, again! It has been all week. It feels so nice. Hopefully I will get some more weeding done and some vitamin D while I do it. 
Floyd enjoying the last bits of sun yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment