Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Button Sweater Hanger



SUPPLIES NEEDED
- Acrylic paint
- Buttons
- Hot glue or something stronger than just Elmer's.
- Wood

I  innocently bought this adorable teddy bear wood piece at our local dollar store. After bringing it home, my husband started to laugh and had to point out where the hanger was conveniently placed. Men...sigh. I bought it for Elizabeth, who is 1! She isn't going to notice. Anyways, I had no idea what I wanted to do with it but knew I could figure out something!

 It came wood colored and chipped; which I didn't mind since I kind of like the whole "rustic" look. It was only a $1, you get what you pay for. I painted it white, but I knew it needed more, but I had no idea what. It then sat on my craft table for months. After sitting there for weeks upon weeks my Bucket of Buttons I've had since 18 ended up sitting next to it and I thought " HAI! I COULD PERSONALIZE THIS FOR THE BEAN!" 
I thought about painting the buttons pink, to make it more girly but decided not to. It makes it more unisex with the multi colors and what if Frank and I have a boy in our future?! ..And name him something with an 'E"?! I could REUSE IT! 

I then adhered the buttons in an "E" shape, ...for Elizabeth, with E-6000 glue. Hot glue I'm sure would've worked just as well and they're just buttons, but I was far too lazy to get my glue gun out , plug it in, etc. 

I let it dry overnight and WA LA! Bean now has somewhere to hang 1 of her million sweaters...and it's cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment