Sunday, June 2, 2013

Laundry Room Art In 4 Steps!


My version before my last coat of paint and clear acrylic coating! 

Hey friends! So I got this idea from My Pinterest...SURPRISE! 
Here is the link to the actual pin. In case you want to see how it's "supposed" to look. 

SUPPLIES NEEDED
- 12 x 12 canvas
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Pencil
- Ruler ( Optional)
- Acrylic coating ( Optional) 


STEP 1:
Grab your canvas and paint the whole thing your desired color! In my case, I chose a light blue. I wanted a lighter color. My laundry room is also, currently, my bathroom ( sigh) so this will help match and bring everything together. Make sure there is at least 2 coats of paint on the canvas! It looks to me in the original pin, they used a wood board rather than canvas, which could be really fun to do! Get crafty and use anything  you want! 

STEP 2: 
After your background color has dried ( should only take 30 minutes - an hour, acrylic paints dry fast! Another reason I love them so much!) take your pencil and write out all the lettering. I had contemplated on using my letter stencils and making everything "perfect" -  but I really like the whole "handwritten" look. Feel free to use a ruler and make everything perfect if that's your style!

STEP 3:
Paint over your lettering with a correct size paint brush and, obviously, different color paint. I chose white, cause, again, it's a light color and stands out well! If you don't want the background color to show through your lettering, paint a couple coats. Let dry!

STEP 4: ( Optional) 
So, you can be done now or you can protect the painting with an acrylic coating, which I highly recommend! Especially if you have a similar case to mine and your washer and dryer share the same room as your bathroom! The room gets all moist ( even if you leave your fan on) and the coating will protect it from not only moisture but UV rays, etc! 

No comments:

Post a Comment