Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moving Downfall

After almost a year of looking at homes 100 times better than what I'm living in currently and actually finding one we liked, my Grandparent's have decided not to get it as it will not be a "good investment"... I'm not going to go into detail about everything, to spare people's feelings, but you can understand that I am undoubtedly upset about the situation.

I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place right meow. On one side, the home we are currently in has some good things about it.
Bean & I at English Boom

PROS: 
1.) It's cheap.
2.) Beautiful back yard and view of the water.
3.) Not moving will be good on Bean's emotional state. She does NOT like change!
4.) Not moving will be good on the Kitties emotional state. They do NOT like change! Ha ha. ( Notice I capitalized Kitties, yes, cause they are important!)
5.) It's close to Mom & Dad. Walking close.
6.) A mile away from English Boom - making for a lovely walk!


CONS: 
1.) Mold, mold everywhere! I can't keep up with it.
2.) Rats, rats everywhere! Although I haven't heard them in a view days, I'm starting to think ( hope I'm not jinxing it!) that we got rid of them, finally!
3.) The roof is leaking. The roof in general is flat which means WE have to go and sweep it off without our landlords giving us a break on the rent. I'm fuming about that.
4.) Baseboard heating and shitty windows/ walls made out of concrete = a cold, cold home 24/7 and a PUD bill of a ridiculous amount!
5.) The shed has no door ( although that would be Frank's fault/problem.)
6.) The oven no longer heats correctly.
7.) No bathtub for Bean! Do you know how hard it is to bathe a toddler in a shower?!
8.) Speaking of bathing, the bathroom shares itself with the washer and dryer that leaks and burns clothes. WEEE!
9.) No dishwasher.
10.) No fenced in area for Bean - we live on a cliff side.

So, obviously, this home isn't really fit for a family. I could probably go on and on about how horrible this place is. We SHOULD move. I just really don't know if I want to move and rent again from someone I don't know then get stuck in the same situation I'm in now. Away from my family and no where to escape too.

I don't know.
Please pray for me friends - it'd be much appreciated.

-Tiffeny

No comments:

Post a Comment