Thursday, June 13, 2013

What is a Mother?



Lately, I've been coming across a saying. I keep seeing it everywhere.
 The saying is " Every mother on earth has birthed a child. Except my mother, she gave birth to a legend.
I know this saying is a joke, and don't get me wrong, I like jokes. I can take a joke... for the most part. I keep seeing this though and it's really bugging me! 

I know they're a ton of mother's out there who have adopted. Mother's who have fostered. They're women out there who CAN'T biologically  have babies and yet still go out and be a mother, regardless. Yes, a big part of being a mom is the birthing process, but the other half is how they do it. Being an present parent.

I just want people to understand, yes, it's a funny joke but before you post it to Twitter, Facebook or any other social media, think. Do you have any friends who can't conceive? Do you have any friends who have been adopted themselves? 




No comments:

Post a Comment