Friday, July 27, 2012

Joo-lie

Hello blogging frandz! You'd think since I stay at home for 95% of the time, I'd have time to write but this whole bebe thing really keeps you busy. Kudos to all you mama's out there.

I had plans to write about this whole road trip thing I did this month but I really don't feel up to it. Basically, the fam and I went to go see the Redwoods in California and stopped in Oregon along the way there and back. We had a good time but I don't think I have to say/type this when saying camping with a bebe is hard. Camping sober is hard. It was a really neat experience though and I'm glad I saw the Redwoods. They're huge. Huge isn't even a big enough word for them.
To the left is Dad, Frank & Bean, Mom, Hannah and Cleo poking her head in from the right. Cleo is my baby cousin. Not really a bebe, 12 years old. The picture is right  before we decided to take a hike - the tree was in the super lame campsite we decided to settle in at. The hike, I thought, I was 11 miles. We had an entire argument for 2 days about how long it was and had agreed upon 11. Now Dad is telling everyone it was 8, and Mom is saying it was 10. Whatever. I'm going to say it was 11 and sound like a badass.
Plus side to trip - I got 489745975978 cute pictures of Bean! 


 Elizabeth was 30 weeks old yesterday, in 2 days she will be 7 months old. Preeeeetty crazay. We started her on "solid" foodz other than just rice cereal this month. So far she likes bananas and that is it. My Dad tried giving her ONE grain of rice, figuring she would like it on account of the rice cereal but the minute that tiny little grain hit her tongue her face turned from " OMG FOODZ?!" to " o.m.g. wtf is this Papa?" and started to gag and spit it out. My baby gagged from the taste of rice. Rice doesn't taste like anything. Sigh. She is most definitely my child. I like rice, but grew up on top raumen so I'm pretty picky. Frank on the other hand will inhale anything, including "balut". If you don't know what that is, google it, if you dare. 

Bean also has a bit of a vocabulary now. She can currently say " Mama, Mom, Amom, Ada, Papa, Apa,  and Baba". Of course, she only says these on her own terms, if you ask her to she will just laugh at you. Anything that has to do with "Mom" as well is only spoken when she is upset. Go figure. 
The video was taken at the condo we stayed at in Newport. We left the diapers in the Jeep and Frank had to run down to get them. Elizabeth obviously wasn't being a patient one - I wouldn't be either if I had soiled myself.  I kind wish we had stayed there the whole week. It was super nice, much better than expected. 

At our room in the condo.


Here's an LOLcat picture to mix thingz up.

Totally me when we had cable. Fluffy, white and holding onto the remote for dear life yelling at the tube.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment