Thursday, June 14, 2012

NEW MAMA

In April, 2011, I found out I was going to be a Mom. You can say I wasn't entirely thrilled about the whole "situation". I had been planning my wedding for a year at that point - an entire year. Frank and I were engaged for 5 years for anyone who is curious, but had finally set a date and we were gettin' the ball rolling! If there was one word to describe our wedding it would be "procrastination" - It totally turned out perfect though and I loved it. Regardless that everyone I knew (except myself) was trashed and I was 5 months pregnant with Bean. It was actually really hard for me, 5 months pregnant and putting on a wedding dress. I had picked out one I found in a magazine. Something I never thought I'd be able to do considering my family doesn't have a whole lot of money. It was on sale and I was in love with it. It was made for skinny girls like myself. Girls with no boobs and no hipz.
My dress before becoming pregnant.
 As you can see, I totally rocked it. It made me look like I had boobz and hipz and everything. I loved, loved, loved it! I had tried on some dresses before I found this particular one, which I had also fell in love with but they were running at $12,000. Yeah. I tried on a $12,000 dress. Of course it looked good, I think anything that costs that much HAS to look good on everyone. I'll post some pictures of them here in a minute. Anywayz, back to my dress. I had chose a dress for girls that looked like boys, but was now 5 months pregnant with boobz, hipz, and the whole curvy lady thang. I went from  a size 1, to a size 8 ( which my awesome Gramma tailored down for me so it was probably more like a size 6 but we weren't sure how big I was going to be at the time of the wedding.) It still looked okay and everyone and their mama told me I looked just beautiful. I just wasn't comfortable in it anymore. It's been 9 months and I'm still not over it. Ha ha haaaaaa.
$12,000 dress.

It was all worth it though. I always knew I wanted to be a Mama. Frank and I had planned on children, just AFTER the wedding. Which obviously didn't happen. Everyone, or least my family had been waiting for us to have kids. I'm not sure why.  Maybe because we'd been together for so long, or maybe because Frank and I are just so awesome, people couldn't wait to see our offspring.

On December 29th, 2011, Elizabeth was born, 3 days early. ( Thankfully! Not only did I have to be pregnant any longer but I got to claim her on our taxes!) Not sure if it's my personality or that I've been around babies most of my life but being a new Mom has come pretty naturally to me. I honestly believe God put me on this earth to birth and raise children - I have never felt so comfortable in my entire life. I won't lie, I was super nervous my whole pregnancy. Kids change everything, and I knew that. ( For those of you who don't know me all to well, I loath change.) I knew I was giving up my "youth" to take care of another. I'm not saying it's not hard for me, and I am learning a lot as I go. I think that's apart of being a Mama though. It's definitely  not what I expected, in a good way though. I was so worried I'd have all these problems...I worry a lot. Always have. Everything is going awesome though, and so smoothly.
Last picture of me pregnant. 

Bean is now 5 1/2 months old. The differences between a 5 month old bebe and a newborn bebe are SO different, it's insane. She actually learns something new every day - which I think is super entertaining.
She can currently:
- Sit with out support ( only for about a 1 minute)
- Grab objects and, of course, taste them.
- Roll over to one side. Hasn't mastered her other side yet. Ha ha.
- Make silly noises, on purpose.
- Recognize people and animals ( In particular, the kitties. Her and Sven are best friends, I found them spooning the other day.)

They're a ton more but those are some pretty big milestones she wasn't even close to at 1 month old.





I think it's pretty funny I get so excited over her learning to grab something or sitting up by herself. I'm for sure one of those Mama's that go " AWEZ! YOU MADE A POOOPPPIEZ! GOOD GIRL!!" 

Bean sittin' like a pro.

This is Sven right now: 


He is a lonely kitteh right meow. Mishka usually goes outside at night and does her wylde thang while Sven prefers to stay inside where the warm and Bean is. He likes to keep an eye on her. He is a good helper. 

"Let me tell you bout my besssst fraaannd!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment