Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Where has my baby gone?

2/23/2014
Hey friends,

I realize it's been some time since I've written a blog updating Elizabeth and myself.
I'm not entirely sure why I haven't been blogging much. I suppose I feel like they're better things to do with my time; but honestly I've just ended up sitting in front of the tube watching Bubble Guppies with the Bean.

SO. Instead of watching the television, I'm blogging now. :) Elizabeth is also taking her afternoon nap -- a great time to get my thoughts out to you folks.

ELIZABETH UPDATE:
Bean's now 2. If you want to really get technical, she's 26 month's old and will be 27 months on the 1st!

She is also 25 pounds of terrible, terrible 2's.

I should of been expecting it, right? Every parent says " Oh, just you wait till their 2!" I really thought she had started getting SO sassy at 1 1/2. I think I even blogged about it.
Her sass is nothing compared to the attitude she has now. I sometimes wonder if someone switched children with me when I wasn't looking.
I absolutely love her to death, don't get me wrong...I just don't like this new found sense of "everything is MINE!" attitude.

For example:
I'm not sure if you guys know this, but she was a HUGE milk fan. I called her a "milkoholic" for months! Now all she is insisting on drinking is "MY APPLE JUICE!" and " MY ICE WATER! MY ICE WATER!"
Most every sentence that comes out of her mouth begins with " My" and she also repeats herself at least twice.

"My apple juice! MY APPLE JUICE!"

Such a goof! 
I'm not really sure how to even go about all of this. It seems like it hit me in the face. I was really not expecting any of this from my sweet baby!

Of course, I've done some reading on it and it's completely normal. Nothing to be worried about. With her anyways.

I'm a different story.
I feel like my patience is wearing thin; and it was pretty non-existent to begin with!
I have to keep repeating to myself to take a few breaths and realize she's 2.

So.Hard.

Other than the fact she's turned into an actual 2 year old; she still has her adorable sweet side. She insists on giving kisses if she thinks or has made you upset in anyway. She gives loves/hugs to most anyone she is comfortable with, just because!

She can currently count to 13. Says her "pleases" and "thank-you's" with out me having to tell her. ( Most of the time!)

She is going to bed at her regular time ( 7:30PM) although we still have to be in the room with her until she falls asleep. We had a minor set back for a good month when Frank decided to try and "ferber" her again. I insisted it wouldn't work but ended up trying anyways. It was a disaster.

That's about it here in the Steele household. For now.



No comments:

Post a Comment