Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I'ts a new year and I'm 25.

Here is a photo of me from yesterday. I had a blood vessel burst in my eye the weekend of my birthday. I don't know how it happened since I woke up with it like that. I googled it ( of course) and read what could cause them. Sneezing, puking, coughing to hard but I don't remember doing any of that. Apparently they can just happen. Now I get to explain this to everyone I come in contact with. Yaaaay. -_- 


I turned 25 on January 3rd. Half way to 50. Which means I'm getting old, guys. Which also means my body is hating me even more than it did previously. 

So, at risk of this sounding super cliche, on New Years, Frank and I decided we were going to try and eat healthier.  A week ago our diets included jellybeans, energy drinks and soda every single day. 
I'm not exaggerating.
Everyday. 

I'm not going to lie and say I was one of those ladies that love to eat. I've never been a huge eater. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love food, I've just never had the stomach to engorge myself in 5 tacos and a giant coke right before having dinner. 

I am, however, a great 'snacker'. 
I could snack all day on numerous things but it always ends up being something sweet and loaded with sugar.
I could swear having a huge sweet tooth is genetic as my mother snacks on a "few" sweets every day herself to "keep herself going." 
Anyways, the big one for me here is Energy drinks.

Addicted isn't even a strong enough word for how I feel about them. 
I started in high school and only quit while I was pregnant. ( Honestly, I'm not sure how I did it, but I did!) 
I don't even drink them for energy anymore. I drink them because I crave the sweet, cold, carbonated goodness that comes from them.

Today is day 3 of not having 1. As you can tell I'm not quite over them. 
Instead, I've been drinking 
water, juice, Snapples and this delicious smoothie drink my brother insisted I try called a "Bolthouse."  
So far I've been extremely fatigued, had a headache for going on 2 days now and just plain feel crappy. 
I'm hoping this won't last long. 
I'm really excited for the fact I'm actually committing to something to better myself.  Just for me. 
It's really hard though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment