Saturday, December 21, 2013

What do I do all day?

This is going to be a rant post, blogger friends. If you don't feel like hearing me whine then I suggest you stop reading. 

When did it become okay to criticize someone else's way of life? 
Especially if that person is PERFECTLY content and doing fine! More than fine! Great! 
I admit. I've done it. I've never had it happen to me until Elizabeth came into the picture. 
I feel awful for judging those particular people. 
In my eyes they weren't doing so great. 
Is that how we view stay-at-home mothers? Women who aren't doing so great?

Since I decided to stay home about a year and half ago, I have been constantly attacked ( okay, attacked not be the right word) about staying at home with my baby girl. Sigh, I guess she's more of a toddler now than a baby.  
I'm asked at least once a week,
"What do you do all day?"
Seriously? Are you serious? What DO I DO ALL DAY? 

I find that a lot of these people who ask this ignorant question, aren't parents. ( Although some of them are!)
I never know what do say to these people.
I'm a shy person.
 I usually keep my opinions to myself. 
I avoid confrontation.
I end up replying with,
"Well, I watch Elizabeth all day..." 

I urge anyone who feels differently to read this blog post I'm going to link. This man put it in better words than I could ever. I'm so happy he wrote it.


For the record:
I did try going back to work after I had Elizabeth. 
It just didn't work out. She NEEDED me home! 
My husband makes enough money to where I could make a choice on whether to stay working or not.
She needed me home. End of story.

She now will be TWO in a couple weeks. 
She CAN count to 10! Yes! 
Sing the ABC's to 'D'.
She says her 'Pleases' and ' Thank-yous'. 
AND she is one of the most loving little girls I have ever met. 
Quite honestly, this is a lot better than some 3 years old's I've seen and known.

No comments:

Post a Comment